* Length of the Narmada from its source to its estuary: 1,310 km.
* Number of dams envisaged on the river by the Narmada Valley Development Plan: 3,165.
* Height of the Maheshwar dam: 23 metres (plus 7 metres underground and 6 metres free board at the top)* Length of the Maheshwar reservoir: 40 km* Number of affected villages: 61
* Private agricultural land under submergence: 873 ha.* Total submerged land: 5,510 ha.
* Cost of relief and rehabilitation and Catchment Area Treatment: Rs. 177.80 crores.
* Land identified for cultivation by the displaced: 1,185 ha.* Land identified for housing: 285 ha.